Hey mad about cars? If yes then you defiantly love to know about the new automatic tesla car!!
What is a tesla car?
Tesla, Inc. which in the early stages was known as Tesla Motors, Inc. is an American company that manufactures electric vehicles and clean energy-based out in Palo Alto, California. Tesla currently manufactures electric cars like Model S, Model 3, Model X and Model Y. They also make battery energy storage among home to grid scale-like Powerwall, Powerpack and Megapack as well as solar roof tiles, solar panels, and solar-related equipment’s, products, and services.
The name Tesla Motors is an accolade to the famous inventor and electrical engineer Late Nikola Tesla. Elon Musk who formerly was the chairman and is now the current CEO said in 2006, that “the overarching purpose of Tesla Motors is to help expedite the move from a mine-and-burn hydrocarbon economy towards a solar electric economy” and Tesla would build a large number of electric vehicles and make it affordable for the general public.
So let’s get into it and know all about the tesla car:
History of Tesla Motors and its Models
- 2003-2004; The Founding Years: – Tesla Motors was founded in July 2003 by two engineers, Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning. Three employees joined after them and they were Ian Wright, Elon Musk, and J.B. Straubel all of them are named as the co-founders of Tesla Motors. Ian Wright was Tesla Motors’ third employee. Three of them raised a total of US$7.5 million in Series A funding during February 2004. Out of that US$7.5 million, Musk contributed US$6.5 million. Later on, Elon Musk became the chairman of Tesla Motors and he appointed Martin Eberhard as CEO. J.B.Straubel joined Tesla Motors in May 2004. A lawsuit settlement in September 2009 agreed by Elon Musk and Martin Eberhard allowed all members to call themselves co-founders.
- 2005-2009; Tesla Roadster: – Elon Musk took an energetic responsibility within the company and supervised Roadster product design at a very minute level. Though he was not involved in day-to-day business operations for Roadster. Martin Eberhard admitted that Elon Musk insisted from the beginning that the body of the Roadster should be a carbon fiber reinforced polymer. He also supervised the design of components that stretched from the power electronics to the headlamps and the make of the car. Elon Musk for his contribution to the Roadster received the prestigious Global Green 2006 product design award and in 2007 he also received the Index Design award for his design of the Roadster.
- 2010-2015; Model S, Model X, and IPO: – Tesla received a $465 million loan from the U.S. Department of Energy in January 2010, which Tesla repaid back in 2013. Tesla purchased its Tesla Factory in Fremont, California in May 2010, for $42 million. The factory was opened in October 2010 where Model S would be produced. Tesla launched its Initial Public Offering (IPO) on NASDAQ on June 29, 2010, making it the first American car company to do so behind Ford Motor Company had its IPO in 1956, Tesla launched its second car, the Model S luxury sedan in June 2012. Again in September 2015, Tesla launched Model X, their first SUV.
- 2016-present; Model 3, Model Y, and SolarCity: – SolarCity was acquired by Tesla in November 2016. In February 2017, Tesla Motors changed its name to Tesla Inc.. In July 2017, Tesla began the selling of Model 3. Tesla posted a loss of $862 million on revenue of $24.6 billion in the year 2019. With a market capitalization of $86 billion, on January 10, 2020, Tesla became the most valuable American automaker ever. Tesla began delivering the Model Y crossover in March 2020. Tesla reached a market capitalization of $206 billion on July 01, 2020, surpassing Toyota’s $2020 billion to become the world’s most valuable automaker. From July 2019 – July 2020 Tesla recorded four profitable quarters in a row for the first time. This made Tesla qualified for addition in the S&P 500.
Working of Tesla Cars
Tesla cars have transfigured the electric vehicle industry for the best. The reason they got so much attention from around the world is they’re environmentally friendly and have the potential to provide superior performance to the user as well. Let’s see the exact working of tesla cars:
- Tesla cars have a very powerful battery that is charged by electricity.
- The battery in a Tesla car is somewhat similar to that of a battery found in laptops or smartphones.
- Lithium-ion batteries are utilize to power up their supercars. A battery found in a Tesla car is made out of thousands of lithium-ion cells making them extremely powerful and weigh a lot.
- All these batteries are made at the headquarters of Tesla Bay Area and the battery weighs about several hundred kilos.
- The batteries are made with their designated heating system.
- The heating system is a big help to the people living in colder regions.
- Since it is a rechargeable battery, each time the batteries are fully charged they drive the Tesla for a few hundred kilometers.
- The process of recharging a Tesla battery is not that different from charging the smartphone battery.
- Once the battery is low it needs to be charged at a charging station or even at home.
Cost of Tesla Cars in Different Countries
|Model 3||Model S||Model X||Model Y||Cybertruck|
|India||₹70 Lakhs||₹4.5 Crore||₹2 Crore||₹50 Lakhs||₹50.7 Lakhs|
|Dubai||159,900 AED||326,050 AED||352,100 AED||349,125 AED||–|
Features of Tesla car
What is special about tesla cars? Tesla cars are thoroughly loaded with technology i.e. camera surrounding every angle to a built-in sketchpad for passengers who are bored. There are many hidden quirks and amazing fun toys to play with, they are as follows: –
- Ludicrous Plus mode
- Streaming online video services
- Browse the internet
- The suspension that auto rises
- Way advanced parking sensors
- The key is in the car shape
- Tesla app
- Many fun Easter eggs
- Over the air updates
Tesla cars in India
According to reports, approx. 3 upcoming tesla cars such as Model 3, Model S, and X Model will be launched in India in 2021-2023. Among these 3 upcoming tesla cars, there are 2 Sedans and 1 Sport Utilities. According to rumors of the above, 1 car is suppose to launch in the next 3 months. The Tesla car in India 2021 will be priced according to the above price chart. Check out the above chart to know about tesla car price in India.
So this is it. We hope you got to know all about the tesla car. If you want to know more about it then stay tuned and subscribe to our website to get notifications of the latest blogs.
Also Read: Best New Features in Android 11: Know all