About to appear for FMGE 2022? Then know everything about the examination.
Foreign medical graduate examination (FMGE) and this exam are some of the most important exams doctors give who have completed their MBBS degrees in India. FMGE is mainly known as MCI.
FMGE or Medical Council of India (MCI) is the examination given by the students of India after completing their MBBS from other countries. The examination incorporated countries like Russia, China, the Philippines, Nepal, Bangladesh, and other foreign countries. Once they have completed their MBBS degree from these countries, they have to come back and give MCI examination.
What is the Eligibility for Foreign Medical Graduates Examination?
If the student cannot clear the MCI exam, he or she will not be eligible to practice in India. It is an essential requirement that a doctor needs to fulfill who has completed his MBBS from other countries. To practice in India, they have to give this examination to get their license from the FMGE. The national board of examination NBE in India is responsible for taking this exam for all the students who have completed their MBBS from other countries.
Once the student has completed his MCA examinations, he or she needs to do one year of internship in India in any hospital recognized by the government. After completing their internship, they will get their permanent license from the FMGE. Well now the MCI examination is been replaced by NMC, which is known as National Medical Commission.
The candidate who appeared for the MCI / FMGE 2022 exam will not be allowed to check the paper after the marks are allotted to them. So, whatever the marks a student has received are the final marks given by the MCI. If the student wishes to pursue MD / MS / DNB or diploma, the student also has to appear for the exam NEET – PG. The student can appear for this exam during their internship duration also in.
In the year 2022, FMGE and NEET – PG are going to be merged and replaced by NEXT which is National Exit Test. This will be a common exam for MBBS students of India and foreign medical graduates.
Important Dates and Events for the Foreign Medical Graduates Examination
FMGE exam is taken twice a year, and the mood of taking this exam is online. Well, the students have to appear for part A and part B. The duration of each part of the exam will be 150 minutes. There is no restrictions number of attempts for this exam. Now let’s come down to the important dates for the upcoming duration of the examination 2022 FMGE.
|Events||Important Dates 2022|
|The registration and application process begins||April 2022 (Tentative)|
|Last date to register and submit the application||May 2022 (Tentative)|
|Correction window for applications||May 2022 (Tentative)|
|Admit card||May 2022 (Tentative)|
|Exam day||4 June 2022|
|Announcement of result||July 2022 (Tentative)|
|Release of scorecard||August 2022 (Tentative)|
|Events||Important Dates 2021|
|The registration and application process begins||14 October 2021|
|Last date to register and submit the application||3 November 2021|
|Correction window for applications||24 to 26 November 2021|
|Admit card||6 December 2021|
|Exam day||12 December 2021|
|Announcement of result||31 December 2021|
|Release of scorecard||1st week of January 2022|
Exam Centres for FMGE 2022
Exam Day Guidelines for FMGE 2022
- The candidate should reach 30 minutes before the examination center, to make sure that all the documents have been verified before entering the examination hall.
- The candidate must carry the admit card which is been sent to the candidate via email.
- The candidate has to carry an original document proof to verify him or her. The documents which will be considered for the verification are Pan Card / Driving License / Voting ID / Passport / Aadhaar Card.
These are the most important documents and the three most important things that every student should know.
|Activity for FMGE 2022||Part A||Part B|
|Entry to the exam hall begins||07:00 am||12:00 pm|
|Last entry into the exam hall||08:30 am||01:30 pm|
|The candidate is provided with the login access||08:45 am||01:45 pm|
|The candidate can log in to the test and proceed to read the exam instructions||08:50 am||01:50 pm|
|Exam begins||09:00 am||02:00 pm|
|Exam ends||11:30 am||04:30 pm|
Guidelines for Examination Center
Once the candidate has reached the Centre, they had to go through some security processes. Well, in this pandemic, the most crucial factor when it comes to taking the examination is social distancing and sanitization.
- The candidates have to go through a metal detector, once they reach the examination center and use to be a biometric verification also which is done with the help of their Aadhaar card but due to the pandemic this year, it will be canceled.
- Candidates also have to do a few extra things which were not added in the last exams like the candidate has to wear a face mask all the time, the candidate has to wear gloves, a water bottle with a transparent from in and out, personal hand sanitizer, and exam-related documents should be kept in front of them with the admit card.
- There are other things which you should make sure that you don’t carry with you in the examination hall. That candidate cannot carry any stationery items like a book pen/pencil/rubber or anything related to it. The candid cannot carry any electronic device like Mobile / Bluetooth / Earphone / Microphone / SmartWatch. The candle cannot have any beverages/water bottles that are covered.
- The center is not responsible for any of the belongings to be misplaced by the candidate like Wallet / Handbag / Belt etc.
List of Medical Exams in India
Anyone wishing to develop a career in the medical sector in various departments of the medical then there are different examinations taken by other institutes. Let’s see what those exams are:
|CMSE- Combined Medical Services Exam|
|CUCET – Chandigarh University Common Entrance Test|
|RPVT – Rajasthan Pre Veterinary Test|
|INI CET – Institute of National Importance Combined Entrance Test|
|AIAPGET – All India AYUSH Post Graduate Entrance Test|
|Indian Army BSc Nursing Examination|
|NEET SS – National Eligibility cum Test Super Specially|
|NEET – National Eligibility cum Test Examination|
|AIIMS Nursing – All India Institute of Medical Sciences Nursing Examination|
|DNB PDCET – Diploma National Board Post Diploma Centralized Entrance Test|
|NEET MDS – National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for MDS Examination|
|NEET PG – National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Post Graduate Examination|
|PGIMER – Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research Examination|
|AIIMS PG – All India Institute of Medical Sciences Post Graduate Examination|
|JIMER PG – Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research Graduate entrance test|
|AIIMS MBBS – All India Institute of Medical Sciences MBBS Entrance test|