What is NEET 2021?
NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. The examination will be taken by the National Testing Agency (NTA). The exam is the single entrance test conducted at the UG level for admission to medical courses (the course after the 12th is Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)). In addition, the score of the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test 2021 examination is valid to take admission to BDS, BAMS, BSMS, BUMS, BHMS, and BVSc & AH courses.
Eligibility Criteria for NEET 2021
- The candidates appearing for the NEET 2021 examination, must fulfill the needed eligibility criteria. The eligibility criteria of NEET 2021 includes the following things:
- Only those candidates can apply for NEET exam 2021, who have either completed or are appearing in 10+2 or equivalent.
- Applicants must have studied physics, chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as subjects.
- Applying candidates should secure at least 50% marks in physics, chemistry, and biology combined in the 10+2 qualifying examination. For SC, ST, OBC-NCL category applicants the minimum marks needed are 40%.
- When it comes to who can apply for NEET 2021 then the answer is Indian Nationals, Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), Persons with Indian Origin (PIO), and Foreign Nationals.
- Candidates applying for examination ought to have completed a minimum of 17 years of age at the time of admission as of 31 December 2021.
- 25 years is a provisional maximum age limit for general candidates.
- There will be a relaxation of 5 years in the upper age limit for candidates belonging to SC, ST, OBC-NCL, and PwD categories.
How to Apply for NEET 2021?
Followings are the steps to apply for NEET 2021:
Step 1: Registration
Candidates need to register at neet.nta.nic.in login. After login, candidates need to fill in personal, identification, and communication details on the registration page.
Step 2: Filing of Application Form
After enrollment applicants will be coordinated to the NTA NEET 2021 application structure which requires data like rank classification, identity, state code, the decision of test urban communities, the decision of language for question paper, scholarly capabilities, and subtleties of the guardians. The modes accessible for the NEET inquiry paper and the test urban areas for the NEET test can be checked from underneath.
Step 3: Uploading of Images
Step three of the application form of NEET 2021 includes transferring scanned pictures. According to the determinations, the pictures should be transferred by the power to stay away from the dismissal of the NEET-UG application structure.
Step 4: Application fee
The NEET 2021 application structure fee is to be paid online through Debit/Credit Card/Net-banking/UPI or specialist co-op. After effective installment, an affirmation page will be created. Competitors who neglect to pay the application charge previously or on the last date, their application structure stands inadequate and consequently dismissed. The NEET application charge for every class can be checked from the table beneath.
Step 5: Print application form
After completing the process, the applicant should remove the print from the submitted NEET UG application form.
National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test Fees
The NEET 2021 exam fees are different for a different categories.
- For General Category candidates the examination fee is Rs.1500.
- Candidated form General-EWS/ OBC-NCL Category candidates the examination fee is Rs.1400.
- For SC/ST/PwD/Transgender Category candidates the examination fee is Rs.800.
Importance Dates for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test 2021
Know the important dates for events such as NEET application form date, admit card, NEET 2021 exam date, result, answer key, and counseling. Followings are the important dates for the NEET exam;
|NEET notification||12, March 2021|
|NEET 2021 application form date by NTA||13, July 2021, from 5:00 PM|
|NEET 2021 registration last date||6, August 2021|
|Last date to pay the NEET application form fee||7, August 2021|
|NEET application form correction window||8 to 12, August 2021|
|Announcement of NEET 2021 exam cities||20, August 2021|
|Admit Card NEET 2021||3 days before NEET 2021 exam day|
|NEET 2021 exam date||12, September 2021 – Announced|
|NEET exam answer key by coaching institutes|
12, September 2021
What is NEET 2021 Test Pattern?
|Mode of the examination||Offline|
|Medium/ Language of the examination||English, Hindi, Marathi, Bengali, Gujarati, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Oriya, Assamese, and Urdu|
|Duration of the examination||3 hours|
|Kind of questions in the exam||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Total number of Questions||200 (180 applicable questions for attempt)|
|Marking Scheme||+4 for correct answer| -1 for an incorrect answer|
|Total sections in the question paper||3|
|Name of the section and number of questions asked from it|
|Physics||35 + 15|
|Chemistry||35 + 15|
|Biology||35 + 15|
What are the NEET 2021 Test Centers in India?
|Exam held in States||No. of NEET 2021 Exam Centers|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||2|
|Dadar & Nagar Haveli||5|
|Daman & Diu||2|
|Jammu & Kashmir||99|
List of Medical Exams in India
Anyone wishing to develop a career in the medical sector in various departments of medicine then there are different examinations taken by different institutes. Let’s see what those exams are:
|CMSE- Combined Medical Services Exam|
|CUCET – Chandigarh University Common Entrance Test|
|RPVT – Rajasthan Pre Veterinary Test|
|INI CET – Institute of National Importance Combined Entrance Test|
|AIAPGET – All India AYUSH Post Graduate Entrance Test|
|Indian Army BSc Nursing Examination|
|FMGE – Foreign Medical Graduates Examination|
|NEET SS – National Eligibility cum Test Super Specialty Examination|
|AIIMS Nursing – All India Institute of Medical Sciences Nursing Examination|
|DNB PDCET – Diploma National Board Post Diploma Centralized Entrance Test|
|NEET MDS – National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for MDS Examination|
|NEET PG – National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Post Graduate Examination|
|PGIMER – Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research Examination|
|AIIMS PG – All India Institute of Medical Sciences Post Graduate Examination|
|JIMER PG – Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research Graduate entrance test|
|AIIMS MBBS – All India Institute of Medical Sciences MBBS Entrance test|